Why Bother to Supplement?
Dr. James Scala, who was a nutritional doctor for Mount Everest expeditions, shares the statistic that over 60% of all deaths are related to poor diet. “…over 5 people in America die every 2 minutes from an illness that proper nutrition could have either prevented completely or put far into the future.”
To think that 60% of all deaths could be prevented if we only put enough nutrition into our bodies is mind boggling. In ‘developed’ countries, we have a food abundance and yet we are starving to death! How can that be? Here are 7 answers.
1. Much of the foods we eat today are empty of nutrition. We are eating too much overly processed foods, frankenstein GMO foods, poor quality foods, and too little natural foods in proper ratios.
2. Agricultural practices have interfered with plants’ abilities to convert raw elements from the earth into bioavailable minerals and amino acids. Our plants are mineral and amino acid deficient.
3. Our society is trained to turn to medical prescriptions to solve the diseases we are becoming afflicted with. All drugs have harmful side effects that rob our immune systems from doing their job of sustaining our health.
4. We have forgotten that it is energy from the sun, from exercise, from love, from unprocessed foods with nutrients, minerals, amino acids, vitamins, essential fatty acids that will keep our bodies healthy and strong, as well as help our bodies recover from any illness we may be afflicted with. So nutrition in our present day is totally disregarded as the solution to all diseased conditions.
5. Dr. Scala stated that baby boomers may be the last generation to have increased longevity, and that their children will have a reduced average life span. He also said that with optimum nutrition, we should be living to 120 years!
6. Dr. Scala formulated the SynerPro (Synergystic Protectors) concentrate for NSP over 20 years ago, way ahead of his time. This concentrate contains broccoli, cabbage, carrot, red beet, rosemary, tomato, turmeric, grapefruit & orange bioflavonoids, and hesperidin). As detailed in Lorene Benoit’s book: The Paw Paw Program, pages 175 – 180 these phytonutrients and phytochemicals are powerhouses for healthy cells. The concentrate blend adds nutrition, energy & enhances absorption of the SynerPro Vitamins & Minerals, B Complex, Calcium- Magnesium, as well as SynerProtein powder (CA & Europe). Years after his formulations, mainstream started expounding the benefits of lycopenes in tomatoes, anti-inflammatories in turmeric, flavonoids in rosemary, etc.
7. Benoit’s 284 page book contains great wisdom on correct diet for building health, no matter what condition a person has. Her Case Studies & Testimonials answer many questions that clients have had. Recipes to start making healthier choices are found in Chapter 10.
How to Supplement?
Many people are choosing to make improved food choices, as well as supplementing their intake with vitamins, minerals, herbs and supplemental superfoods. A good decision! But far too many people end up spending too much money on worthless supplements.
The missing factor is quality control. Not all supplements are the same. Diligent research and tests from independent labs such as Brunswick, show that only 15% of nutritional & herbal companies actually have in the bottle what is printed on the label. That is because 85% of all supplements on the market are made by 3rd party companies. In other words, a company takes another company’s products and sticks their own labels on it, then sells them. There is no quality control here.
Nature’s Sunshine is second to none in quality. Our standards are so consistent that we get results. Nature’s Sunshine has more than the required certifications as they decided in 1972 to invest in quality control, in addition to research & development. Nature’s Sunshine goes so far that they make their own capsules, so they know they are free from fillers and questionable ingredients.
Nature’s Sunshine does not own any farms and therefore they are in no way obligated to sell products that may be of lesser quality. Quality is never compromised because of bad crops, harvesting, drying, or storage. They are free to choose the best quality from around the world, and they do.
One example is Kelp, which comes from Nova Scotia. 600 tests are performed on this one plant before it is released for production. One of these testing procedures is Geiger counter testing for radioactivity. All products are manufactured in the Utah state of the art manufacturing facility, where every single batch of herbs is fully tested. All test samples are kept for 6 years. Having an organic or wild crafted label means nothing if this degree of testing is not performed. NSP is above and beyond organic; it is potent!
We are very proud to educate & distribute a product line that demonstrates such a high level of sincere integrity. If this message reaches you and you are not a member of Nature’s Sunshine please contact us to start to get results with your nutritional program!