People have more than 600 parasites that can live in and off them. Pets tend to harbour less species, but some of the more devastating ones are transferable to humans. Perhaps this is why most people are more conscientious about parasite treatment for their house pets than for themselves.
Parasites are any ranging from microscopic size to meters in length. They cause health challenges in 3 main ways:
- they eat, stealing nutrition from their host
- they reproduce, often in terrific numbers
- they secrete toxins, which cause a host of toxic challenges for the host
Fairly common in North America are roundworms, or ascarids that grow up to six inches in length in pets and up to one foot in humans; pin worms; whip worms, tape worms, guardia, lyme, candida, yeast, fungus….
Some good prevention tips are:
- avoid touching feces of pets and humans
- wash hands frequently
- avoid eating raw meat and fish
- ensure healthy digestive system – if you are over 30 yrs. of age digestive enzymes are usually required
- clean intestines: probiotics, adequate fibre and regular bowel movements,
- protect yourself from biting insects, such as mosquitoes and ticks
For years it was thought that parasites were only a problem in tropical countries. We’ve had clients with worms, Guardia lamblia, Amoebic dysentery to mention a few, never having left their home town.
Anti parasitic herbs have been used worldwide for millennium. Herbal treatments are less toxic to the body than chemical treatments. Here is an easy effective herbal recipe for cats and dogs containing well known parasiticide herbs to eradicate worms and parasites, followed by an effective parasite cleanse for people.
Worm Balls for Pets
12 capsules of Herbal Pumpkin
16 oz raw ground beef, other meat or canned food
Open Herbal Pumpkin capsules and mix into room temperature meat. Roll it into a ball, about 1/2″ in diameter or ½ tsp. Freeze balls on a cookie sheet, then store in a ziplock bag. Give 1 per day per 25 pounds. Dogs will eat frozen or thawed, cats prefer thawed. Each time you open the freezer they will be waiting for their treat!
These also make their fur shiny. “Herbal Pumpkin” contains pumpkin seeds, black walnut hulls, turkey rhubarb root, violet leaves, chamomile flowers, mullein leaves, marshmallow root and slippery elm bark. For humans, just use the capsules.
Parasite Cleanse For People
This is a complete and effective parasite cleanse. For seasonal basic cleansing, either one of the herbal Paks can be taken on their own as a 10 -1 5 day cleanse. Please contact our office if you have any questions during these cleanses or to order these professional products direct.
Begin the parasite cleanse by starting with
- Tiao He Pak – it is a whole body herbal cleansing program in 30 convenient packets. Mark start date on calendar. Take one packet 15 minutes before or with meals 3 X day (breakfast, lunch and dinner.) Drink 1 glass of water each time with the packet. It will take you ten days to complete this program, or 15 days at 2X day, if 3 per day is too strong for you. As soon as you are finished, start with
- Para Pak – a parasite cleansing program with 20 packets to be taken 15 minutes before or with meals 2X day (breakfast and dinner). After completion in 10 days, stop for 7-10 days. Mark this on your calendar, as you will repeat this process.
- While on your 7-10 days off Para Pak, take Bifidophilus or Probiotics 11: 2 capsules before bedtime and 2 capsules in the morning before breakfast. Do this each time during the days between Para Pak. You can stop probiotics while doing the next set of Para Pak. Keep either of these pre and probiotic blends in the fridge or freezer after opening bottle. We suggest 2 bottles taken during and after the parasite cleanse.
You will do 4 sets all together (including 1 Tiao He Pak and 3 Para Paks) to make sure that you have rid all the parasites, larvae and eggs. In future, should you begin to feel energy loss or feel lethargic, this could be a sign that the parasites are again increasing. Start the Para Pak program again and do it 3 times in a row (10 on and 7-10 days off) with Bifidophilus or Probiotic 11 during the off days. Depending on how long you have had the parasites, it may take another one or two times to bring them totally under control. In future, drink filtered water and take other necessary precautions with pets, hand washing etc. Parasite cleansing is recommended at least once per year. This replacement of friendly flora in the lower gut helps keep the bacteria load at acceptable levels.
Dietary and other suggestions during cleanse
With both cleanses dietary suggestions are simple: include lots of fresh vegetables and especially green, leafy sources in your diet. Recommended – each morning have ¼ cup raw oatmeal mixed in plain yogurt with fruit if you prefer. Avoid wheat grains and all flour products; whole quinoa, amaranth, millet, kamut or buckwheat are acceptable. Avoid coffee, alcohol, all sugar and fried foods. For protein, use nuts, seeds or add a vegetarian protein powder daily. Drink hot water – at least 2 – 4 cups a day – you can add Liquid Chlorophyll.
During this process, change bedding often and underwear daily. Wash hands frequently and for certain after using the washroom – avoid fingers in the mouth, eyes and nose. If you have pets, wash your hands after handling them. It is a good idea to have your pets do a parasite cleanse as well, as this may be your source of contamination. Herbal Pumpkin Worm Balls and Black Walnut are two herbs that will help with this process ongoing, Contact our office for more information, or for other uses of herbs to keep your pets healthy.
Additional aid – You can help the process by inserting crushed raw garlic directly into the colon with a syringe. Blend 2 cloves of garlic in ½ cup warm water. Alternately crush garlic if no blender. In fetal position insert with bulb syringe. Hold as long as you can. This is an excellent expellant when tape worms are present. You may experience a slight temporary burning sensation.
Pamper Foods for the Colon and Intestine
- Raw Steel Cut Oatmeal & blueberries or grated apple or banana. Mix ¼ cup with yogurt and blueberries or grated apple. This is an ideal breakfast which will help promote colon health (a gentle fibre) and clean blood plasma. You may consider a sprinkling of ground flaxseed, Flax Hull Lignans, or hemp – a very good idea.
- Boiled Rice Soup—or “Congee” – Method: ½ cup small grain rice in a large pot – stir in 1 tablespoon olive oil with a little sea salt. Mix well. Add 2 – 3 cups of water and allow to simmer for an hour or more, stirring often and adding more water when needed until you have a thick, soupy mixture. You may add blueberries with maple syrup and use as a morning food, or use plain anytime of day with vegetables. This is a good food once a day when doing a body or parasite cleanse, softening and making it easier to eliminate adhered debris in the intestines. Parasites do not like this consistency.
- Oatmeal Drink – Make a thick oatmeal drink by cooking ½ cup oatmeal in 2 cups or more boiling water with a little sea salt. Allow to boil on medium heat for 15 minutes or more and then strain the oats out. Drink this thick fluid. If you need, add some stevia or Xylitol as sweetener. This has a calming affect, allowing for ease in evacuation and is considered pamper food for the colon and probiotics.
You will need the following for this cleanse:
Contact our office to order these professional products direct or for guidance with your specifics.