The nitric oxide derived from arginine is directly or indirectly implicated in practically every cellular response and health condition imaginable, from the cardiovascular system to the immune system, and hormone function to nerve function. Although an exhaustive list of possible applications for the amino acid is not included, the following are the primary scientifically-backed reasons that anyone – even healthy people – should consider adding arginine to their health and wellness regimen.
In 1998, a team of pharmacologists won the Nobel Prize for their discovery of how nitric oxide (NO) regulates blood flow in the body. One of the applications is that the release of NO causes dilation of the blood vessels. It was then discovered that an amino acid called L-arginine causes the human body to produce NO. As a result, L-arginine became a popular ingredient in dietary supplements for helping men achieve peak performance in the bedroom.
In addition to supporting male sexual function, L-arginine helps improve blood circulation for both sexes and helps support normal blood pressure levels. L-arginine is converted into NO that helps dilate your blood vessels. This, in turn, means your heart does not have to pump as hard, which promotes normal blood pressure and circulation.
The American Heart Journal presented 11 randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials involving L-arginine, all with positive results in lowering both systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
Please contact our office to place direct discount orders & receive professional support for your optimum health.
Below are some of the documented benefits provided by L-arginine Plus, a formulation which also contains other cardiovascular support. To see the benefits of each ingredient in Arginine Plus and other synergistic formulations, refer to Arginine for Cardio and Heart Health .
1. Arginine Plus is one thousand times more powerful than any naturally occurring antioxidant in the body. Arginine`s antioxidant properties support various body systems and may protect against heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes, as well as slowing premature aging. 1, 2
2. Arginine Plus offers wide-ranging cardiovascular support, including controlling blood pressure 3, 4 and plaque formation. Nitric oxide keeps arteries relaxed and pliable for normal blood pressure, preventing hypertension and angina. 5
3. Arginine Plus enhances memory,6 particularly long-term memory, and may help to reverse the effects of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease.7
4. Arginine Plus boosts human growth hormone (HGH) production, which has anti-aging properties. 8
5. Arginine Plus enhances communication of messenger cells between nerves and the brain. 9
6. Arginine Plus may help improve immune function10 and fight bacterial infections. 11
7. Arginine Plus may help in the treatment and prevention of diabetes since many disease complications, including poor circulation and blindness, are vascular in nature. Arginine is also found to regulate insulin secretion in the pancreas. 12,13
8. Arginine Plus may inhibit the division and proliferation of cancer cells. 14,15
9. Arginine Plus helps with cholesterol control by lowering serum and LDL cholesterol levels. 16
10. Arginine Plus enhances male sexual performance by treating vascular erectile dysfunction (ED). 17
11. Arginine Plus anticoagulant abilities reduce clotting to lower heart attack and stroke risk. 18
12. Arginine Plus reduces pregnancy-related hypertension, a risk factor for both the expecting mother and the unborn child. 19
13. Arginine Plus is useful in the treatment of asthma by opening pulmonary pathways for easier breathing and the treatment of lung disorders. 20, 21
14. Arginine Plus relaxes hypertonic sphincter muscles, preventing and healing hemorrhoids.22
15. Arginine Plus boosts lean muscle mass and preserves bone density by encouraging HGH production,23 which also leads to a reduction in fatty tissue. Because of these properties, it may be useful in weight management and strength training.
16. Arginine Plus can help offset cardiovascular and lung damage caused by tobacco use,24 since nitric oxide levels in smokers are less than half of those found in nonsmokers.25
17. Arginine Plus helps to accelerate wound healing26 and postsurgery recovery.27 Research has shown it is useful in treating burn wounds28 and stimulates wound healing in the elderly.29
18. Arginine Plus may be useful in enhancing athletic performance due to its ability to boost exercise tolerance,30 its beneficial effect on the lungs, and its effect on HGH levels, which helps with building lean muscle tissue.
19. Arginine Plus may be used to improve the function of the prostate.31
20. Arginine Plus may prevent and possibly reverse the effects of osteoporosis by positively affecting bone mass.32
21. Arginine Plus has been used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome33 and to reduce the occurrence of ulcers – especially stress- related – without affecting gastric acid production.34, 35
22. Arginine Plus may improve renal function and slow the progression of renal disease and age-related chronic renal failure.36,37 Arginine`s protective effect on the kidneys may also benefit those with diabetes.
There are 37 references for the information above; if you wish this to be sent to you as a document, please contact our office via email: TakeTheNaturalPath@gmail.com, or contact via our website.