These are 5 pure essential oils, plus one blend that we have come to love over the last 25 years using Aromatherapy as part of our natural healing regime.
1. Lavender – Good on burns, sunburns, scrapes bruises and insect bites – one of the few essential oils that can be applied to skin “neat”, or undiluted. We love it added to Aloe Vera Gel for all skin challenges, including dry skin, sunburn, itchy skin, PLUS it helps deter insects!
2. Lemon – Detoxifies the body, purifies drinking water and, along with peppermint and lavender, helps fight allergies. Can also be used in natural insect repellant.
3. Peppermint – Helps relieve headaches when used with lavender, sharpens mentality and is also useful for conditions such as asthma, diarrhea, indigestion, heartburn and itchy skin. Some people are senstive to Peppermint oil, so it is best mixed with a carrier oil, Aloe Vera Gel or other lotion.
Taken internally, peppermint is a great digestive aid. One or two drops of pure peppermint oil can be put in water as a pre or post meal drink.
4. Frankincense – Good for insect bites, headaches and tension. Has been used with healthy carrier oil for massage for breasts with abnormal growths. This is included in The Paw Paw Program, A “Christopher Columbus” Approach to Cancer – The World IS Round and Cancer Can Be Treated Naturally, by Lorene Benoit.
5. Tea Tree Oil – An Antiseptic, Anti-fungal, Tissue Healer with many uses:
Externally: apply directly or dilute with olive oil – boils burns, cankers, cold sores, cuts, earaches, lice, thrush, ticks, leeches, pimples, bites, fungus.
Internally: Candida, infections, bacterial and viral – advice of health professional & very few drops, IF you are using an authentic grade quality.
And lastly, one of our favourite oil blends is Tei Fu Oil, a powerful combination of Safflower (Carthamus tinctorius, L-menthol, eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus), DL-camphor, lavender (Lavandula officinalis), wintergreen (Gualtheria procumbens) , clove (Syzygiumaromaticum). Some its many uses include:
Externally: (1-4 drops on affected area) Ideal for burns, bites, stings, headache (temples and neck), stiff neck, arthritis pain, tooth-ache, itching, motion sickness, toe fungus.
Internally: (1-2 drops back of tongue, or in water) Ideal for colds, coughs, allergies, sore throat, sinus, stuffy nose, vomiting, studying (perks up brain), motion sickness, flu, fever, headache.
Click here to read some success stories with Tei Fu Oil.
Of course, there are others! If you would like my free document with a brief description of over 20 Essential oils and blends, with their uses and benefits, please contact our office, and ask for Petunia Patchouli EOs . One of the most economical ways to get 10 therapeutic quality oils is with the Essential Oils Kit – 10 oils for your own healing and spa experience. Contact us for discount pricing, and these oils – some a $40 value will be yours for only $14-$20 per bottle!
To obtain results with Essential Oils, they need to be of therapeutic quality, which includes proper sourcing, identification, processing and laboratory testing. Essential oils that do not meet these standard may have a pleasant aroma, but will not offer the active chemicals that effect true healing for which aromatherapy is known.
Therapeutic quality oils are available via this office. Please note that as many of our clients are from US, most links will take you to US webpage. Same products, different prices are on Canadian website. For ordering, we can set up a free account for you to direct order at discount – no charge to do this for you. Contact us for support and preferred discount pricing.